Oregon is known for its beautiful cities, prestigious universities, and amazing natural parks. Despite these positive attributes, Oregon is not an exception to the availability of personal injury accidents. Just like anywhere, the possibility of suffering from these events can be quite high. Therefore, it is important that you understand some facts that can facilitate your experience as you must know as an accident victim.
Whether you have suffered a car crash, slip and fall, medical malpractice, or any other personal injury accident, someone must be held responsible for those actions. Once liability is proven, you will be entitled to receive monetary compensation for all of your damages.
We must warn you though, that pursuing that set of compensation on your own will be more than impossible. For starters, insurance companies will always want to save some dollars for themselves. So, they may undermine your claim. That is why you need the services of an Oregon personal injury law firm. Join us in reading this article to learn about these benefits!
What Are The Most Common Personal Injury Accidents in Oregon?
- Car accidents: These may be the most common and tragic incidents in the entire country. In these cases, it is significantly important to prove fault. Doing so will be crucial in determining your compensation. The following are the most common causes of automobile accidents:
- Not respecting the state’s speed limits. In Oregon, the speed limit in residential districts, ocean shores, and public parks is 25 mph.
- Texting while driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other illegal substances.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: “Slip and fall” is a term utilized for a personal injury case in which a pedestrian trip and falls on someone else’s premises. These cases fall under the category of premises liability claims. This means that property owners must keep their properties free of any potential hazards.
There are several dangerous conditions that can cause a slip and fall accident. For example, slick floors, torn carpeting, poor lighting, floor debris, and broken tiles can lead to one of these events. In order to prove negligence, slip and fall accident victims must prove at least one of the following requirements:
- The establishment owner enabled the dangerous condition.
- The establishment owner was aware of the existence of the hazard but did not take the necessary steps to get rid of it.
- Medical Malpractice: An instance of medical malpractice occurs when a hospital, doctor, or other health care provider causes harm to a patient by an act of negligence. Negligence may be the result of errors in diagnosis, treatment, aftercare, or health management. By law, medical malpractice claims must have the following characteristics:
- Violation of The Standard of Care: Patients expect that health care professionals will deliver proper treatment. If it is determined that the standard of care was not met, negligence will be established.
- Patient Injury: Patients must prove that they sustained an injury that would not have occurred in the absence of negligence. An unfavorable outcome by itself is not malpractice.
- The Injury Led to Further Damages: In order to file a medical malpractice claim, victims must prove that their injuries caused disability, income loss, pain, suffering, or future medical bills.
What Are The Benefits of Hiring an Oregon Personal Injury Lawyer?
- A top personal injury lawyer in Oregon will help you file your claim and make sure that it complies with every state law.
- Oftentimes, victims are unaware of the amount of compensation that they are entitled to receive. As a result, insurance companies may try to lure them into accepting unfair settlements. However, an Oregon personal injury lawyer will negotiate with these firms in order to ensure that you attain a fair award.
- Since the conditions of being compensated depend on proven liability, a Portland personal injury attorney can work alongside private investigators who will seek the needed evidence for your claim.
- An Oregon car accident lawyer can offer you a free first-time consultation. During this session, you can ask them any questions that you may have about your claim.
- We understand that suffering an injury accident is a very distressing situation. Nonetheless, top personal injury lawyers in Oregon will give you their professional point of view and help you with your decision-making during these difficult times.
- Oregon accident lawyers work on contingency fees. These are a percentage of your recovered damages. This means that if you do not obtain your award, they will not take a single penny out of your pocket.
Call A Portland Personal Injury Attorney Right Now!
This information has been brought to you by the best accident law firm in the State of Oregon. We thank you for taking your time in reading this article. Those were just some of the many advantages of seeking the services of an Oregon personal injury law firm. u. What are you waiting for? Call a Portland accident lawyer right away!